Monday, July 1, 2013

My Artistic Side


Hi everyone! Just wanna show you my few pieces of art. Hope you'll like it! :)

**sorry about the reflection, I've covered them with plactic coz I don't want them to get dirty :) dust proof :p


"Origami Lucky Star in the form of a Rainbow"
I've been into origami early this year and after watching a lot of video tutorials on how to make variety of designs/forms, it lead me on making my own project. Lucky star is one of the easiest to do and it's somewhat enjoyable to create little paper folds on boring days. I've completed this at the end of Holy week.


"Pacman loves Mrs. Pacman Pixel Art Origami"
I just couldn't control my artistic side so, there...I've decided to make this pretty unique and challenging piece! :) I've also learned making tiny origami boxes on video tutorials but this one is kinda complex coz I've combined the pixel art on it. First, I had to do A LOT of paper folds/cut-outs in order to create ONE tiny box per color. So, patience & determination is very much needed in doing this. :) I think it took me like 4-5 days on these boxes then another day to do the cute pacman ghosts borders (I used styrofoam here and covered it with magazines). Took me another day to complete the background/other designs and of course assemble the tiny boxes to form this image. I am truly proud of this specific project.:)


These projects are hanging on the wall beside the window so I do apologize about the white cast on the left. So after completing my pacman-challenging-project, I just couldn't stop myself from making MORE! :)

I'll start with the "Pointillism- LOVE*LOVE" hanging side by side. It's like crayon art but you have to melt a crayon and create dots/points to create an image. So first, I had to trace the bold letters L-O-V-E on each and start creating crayon dots. I don't know if you notice, the colors should not be pure red, for example, I've combined red, orange & pink. Finally, I used tissue to do a paper mache for the letters so I can do corrections if in case the melted crayon go beyond the letters.

At  the center, that's the "crayon art - origami" which is another challenging project for me. I had to melt the crayons using a blow dryer and make sure that the colors will look good, coz on my first attempt, the melted crayons combined. And by the way, the heart shape at the center, that's the result of wrapping each crayon with colored paper & sticking them before you start melting the crayons so even after they have melted, the shape of the heart will stay.:) The heart inside the heart is made of paper ribbons. It took me 3 days to do the crayon art and another day to create the colorful borders with spiral stars origami which are so cute!

Last but not the least, at the bottom is the "Yarn Art - JOELES".
JOELES is actually the result of combining the first 3 letters of my boyfriend's first name plus mine:). This project is really simple, I just had to cut out the name then used a yarn to wrap around it (depends on your desired thickness).

Hope you like it guys!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment